26 March 2010

Being Snarky and Not Having An Original Idea

Over the past few months, I have had many moments of contemplation on certain marketing tactics that some organizations have elected to use to entice/entertain/gain audience views and demand generation. Some have been through social media outlets, some through website design/language/tactics, and some have been in classic email blasts. Often, I've been left with a nasty taste in mouth upon viewing.....

At the same time, I've been working with my colleagues to continue on the momentum that we've started - and I've decided to "pledge" that my efforts will not fall into these camps of demand gen that I've seen way too often recently:

  • Being snarky, petty, underhanded in tactics (buying competitors terms in AdWords come to mind).
  • Having not one bloomin' original idea.
  • Not willing to try and fail - and stopping there.
I will pledge to be:
  • Cheeky
  • Provocative
  • Fun and Funny (hopefully)
  • Smart
  • A listener, not just a talker
For the KISS Question, what do you pledge to do as a marketer?

No comments:

Post a Comment